Beauty Girl

Beauty Girl

Wednesday, March 15, 2017

The Wednesday Word - Dupes That Work!

On my Disney blog ( disneynut1958.blogspot.com ) I do a Wordless Wednesday.  On this blog page however, I am going to do the Wednesday Word about different products that I have tried.

This week I am talking about two makeup removers.  One that is well known and a little pricey, and the other is basically at half the cost.  Which one do I like better?  Read on to find out.

The first product is the newish product from the Clinique line called take-the-day off Cleansing Balm.  Priced at $29.00, it works pretty good.  I have used the liquid version of this for years to remove my eye makeup, but it was suggested to me by someone who works for Clinique, so I tried it.  For this price, I probably won't buy it again,  There is a link below so you can get more information. Another reason I probably won't buy it again is the fact that Clinique is an Estee Lauder Company and they are not a cruelty free company. What I mean by that if you are not familiar is, they do test on animals.  

http://www.clinique.com/product/1673/6424/skin-care/cleansers-makeup-removers/take-the-day-off-cleansing-balm



The other product I have discovered, I am totally in love with.  At $14.00 it does the same thing, AND works even better.  This is called Chateau Labiotte Demaquillant Sorbet, and it is made in Korea.  Yup...it's a mouthful, but this product is work learning about.  I discovered it on Memebox.com, and there is a link below that will take you right to the item.  I am still gathering information about this company and if they do or do not do animal testing.  I am leaning towards no, but I will follow up with this information when I find out.  They are a botanic based line, and go by the seven principles of Naturopothy.  





With both, you scoop some out on your hands, and then rub your fingers together to soften the balm and then rub onto the face. The product by Clinique does not come with a paddle to scoop out the product like the Labiotte does.  I let it sit for about 30 seconds, and then take a regular makeup wipe to remove the product and all traces of makeup from my face.  This really gets every bit of foundation, powder, blush, bronzer, etc. off my skin.  I still use a facial cleanser after this, as I cannot go to bed with anything on my face.  First off, it's not good for your skin to go to sleep with makeup on, and my sheets would not like it either!!  After washing my face, my skin is then ready for my night treatment.  

So, did you guess which one I like the best?  I bet you can tell!








The link to the Labiotte Company is below, and after that is the link to Memebox where I ordered this makeup remover.  (It's in the cutest packaging too....looks like a wine glass!)

http://labiotteus.com/page.asp?uid=22

https://us.memebox.com/product/6870

No comments:

Post a Comment