Beauty Girl

Beauty Girl

Sunday, February 26, 2017

Thumbs Up, or Thumbs Down? My review of GlamGlow Glow Starter Mega-Illuminating Moisturizer

Hello again lovely ladies!

Today I decided to do a review.  As I told you before I am a makeup and skincare junkie.  Of course there is really nothing wrong with that as I want to take care of my skin.  I have been an avid skincare user since I was a teenager.  My Mom, who is now 94, taught me at a very early age to care for my skin.  She was a sun worshiper back in the day, and she has suffered skin cancer on her chest twice.

 If you are old enough to remember the 60's you know it was tanning oil with no sunscreen.  Since she has always taken great care of her facial skin. She really looks like she's more in her late 70's or early 80's, if you only take the skin on her face into consideration when you look at her.

Many people say to me, "I am not really a makeup wearer"........you don't have to be!  But always take care of your skin.  If you do that, you have the basis for looking better.

So, today I am featuring a product that has gotten a lot of hype.  Try not to get sucked into hype,  because it's a crap shoot at best.  "GLAMGLOW Glowstarter Mega-Illuminating Moisturizer" is the product I am going to talk about today.

I ordered the Nude Glow in this product, and for the most part I like it, but I am not in love with it.  Let me explain.  So, I have been using this over my other skincare.  (I will do reviews and things on these other products later).  I like the texture, I like the "glow" it gives and the smell is heavenly.  I have super sensitive skin, and I am allergic to a lot of things, but this one is good.  The smell is the faint scent of Creamcicle.

This cream is made in the USA, which is important.  (If something is made in China I will not wear it on my skin.  To me, you have no idea what they might be putting in it.  People will say I am paranoid about Chinese products, but I could never throw caution to the wind when it comes to skincare).

When I use this with certain makeup primers, it works great.  However with other primers I have, I can see the Glamglow "pilling up" when I am blending the primer on it.  This makes for a hot mess.

If I am not doing a major makeup day with going out, or going to work, it's fine.   Basically, I am 50/50 on this cream.

Of course, these are just my opinions on the product, but more than likely I will not buy it again as I think it's pretty expensive at $49.00 for something that I am only 50/50 on.



                                            Here you can see the "iridescence" in the jar.
                                     Notice the "sheen" or "glow" to the skin on my hand her.

I hope you enjoyed reading my thoughts on this product, and I hope it was helpful for you when trying to decide about purchasing this for yourself.

Here is the link from their website for more information about this product.

http://www.glamglow.com/product/18842/41472/shop-all/glowstartertm-mega-illuminating-moisturizer

See you all next time!!  Have a lovely day!



No comments:

Post a Comment